Sunday, April 24, 2005

So I thought about the fear issue...

It has always been my view that mothers are bound to protect their
children and fathers are bound to push them out of their comfort zone.
Turns out that means out of the mother's comfort zone as well, to say
nothing of the government's, the church's, and auntie Maude's.

So be it. I'll push, mom will protect, the church will disdain my
actions, the government will charge me with crimes and auntie Maude will
tsk tsk. And the children will grow up anyway, probably healthier for
the dichotomy of views.

I noticed in the airport in Costa Rica large posters advising that
relations with teens or abducting them was a problem in that country,
and not to get involved. Well, Duh! I mean, that's clearly criminal
and anybody who does that should probably be rendered a eunuch. So are
large posters about that catering to some fear factor, an attempt to
generate ambivalence toward some overly restrictive rule somebody
wants? I dunno. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home